- Download and install the browser extension called Social Fixer for your browser. It works for just about every browser except IE.
- Depending on which browser you use, you might have to restart your browser. For Chrome, which I use most of the time, you just need to refresh your facebook page.
- Social fixer gives a little intro page when you open facebook. If you don't see this, it's not installed correctly. Go through it in case there's something else you want to do with it.
- Click the little wrench icon that now appears on the facebook page, and select "edit social fixer options." Then select "Filtering" (1). Then under "Other:Matching Text" enter "miley cyrus" (2), and under "Action" select "hide" (3), just like in the picture.
- Click Save (4), and refresh your facebook feed. It should now be Miley Cyrus free.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
How to filter Miley Cyrus out of your facebook
This is quite possibly the most important post I have ever made. Here are specific instructions for filtering out every post in your facebook feed that contains the phrase "Miley Cyrus":