- Download and install the browser extension called Social Fixer for your browser. It works for just about every browser except IE.
- Depending on which browser you use, you might have to restart your browser. For Chrome, which I use most of the time, you just need to refresh your facebook page.
- Social fixer gives a little intro page when you open facebook. If you don't see this, it's not installed correctly. Go through it in case there's something else you want to do with it.
- Click the little wrench icon that now appears on the facebook page, and select "edit social fixer options." Then select "Filtering" (1). Then under "Other:Matching Text" enter "miley cyrus" (2), and under "Action" select "hide" (3), just like in the picture.
- Click Save (4), and refresh your facebook feed. It should now be Miley Cyrus free.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
This is quite possibly the most important post I have ever made. Here are specific instructions for filtering out every post in your facebook feed that contains the phrase "Miley Cyrus":